How To Make Apple Rum Raisin Bread Pudding
- 2tbspdark rum,or spiced rum
- 2cupswhole milk
- 3tbspunsalted butter,melted and slightly cooled
- ½tbspground cinnamon
- 4cupschallah cubes,packed, or brioche cubes
- 1largetart baking apple,(such as granny smith), peeled, cored, cut into ⅛ inch slices and then cut in half
- vanilla ice cream,for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 11×7-inch (or equivalent 2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place raisins and rum in a shallow bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Let raisins soak in rum while preparing other ingredients.
Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Add challah cubes, sliced apples and raisins with rum and fold together with a large spatula.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, flatten with spatula and make sure apples and raisins are evenly distributed. Let stand 15 minutes.
Bake bread pudding for 55 to 65 minutes until top is golden and center is set.
Spoon into bowls, top with vanilla ice cream and serve.
- Calories: 355.04kcal
- Fat: 10.59g
- Saturated Fat: 5.14g
- Trans Fat: 0.18g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.10g
- Carbohydrates: 55.94g
- Fiber: 2.12g
- Sugar: 38.33g
- Protein: 8.46g
- Cholesterol: 125.85mg
- Sodium: 214.60mg
- Calcium: 124.62mg
- Potassium: 275.27mg
- Iron: 1.69mg
- Vitamin A: 124.74µg
- Vitamin C: 0.30mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!