A positively delicious Spanish dessert that serves alongside sweet pears. It’s a satisfying dish to serve after a heavy meal. You get a hint and crunch from the almonds while it complements the sweetness from the calrose rice.
How To Make Almond Rice Pudding with Poached Pears
Sweet rice pudding served with ground almonds alongside poached pears.
Almond Rice Pudding:
- Lightly oil 6 times ⅔ cup oven-proof dishes.
- Combine milk, rind and cinnamon in medium pan, bring to boil; gradually stir in rice.
- Cover with tight fitting lid, simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add almonds and cream, cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until rice is very tender and mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in cup, stand in small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture and sugar into rice mixture, cool, discard cinnamon stick.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixture until stiff peaks form; fold into the rice mixture in 2 batches.
- Spoon rice mixture into prepared dishes.
- Cover, refrigerate until firm. serve puddings with poached pears.
- Cut each pear into 8 wedges, discard cores.
- Combine pears and remaining ingredients in medium pan, stir over heat, without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer, uncovered about 15 minutes or until pears are tender and syrup thickens slightly.
- Sugar: 44g
- Calcium: 133mg
- Calories: 384kcal
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 225mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Vitamin A: 438IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!