How To Make Strawberry Oat Muffins
Loads of strawberries and oats that makes this muffin recipe tangy and delicious as well as a little crunchy in each bite!
- 1¾cupswhite whole wheat flour,or regular whole wheat flour
- ⅓cupoats,old-fashioned, plus 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top
- 1tspbaking powder
- ½tspbaking soda
- ½tspfine sea salt
- ⅓cupextra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓cupmaple syrup
- 2eggs,preferably at room temperature
- 1cupGreek yogurt,plain
- 2tspvanilla extract
- 2cupsripe strawberries,hulled and diced, from 1 lb of strawberries, you may not need them all
- 1tspturbinado sugar,also called raw sugar, for sprinkling on top, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ⅓ cup of oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk to blend.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup and eggs. Beat together with a whisk. Add the yogurt and vanilla, and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). Gently fold the strawberries into the batter. The mixture will be thick, but don’t worry.
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats, followed by the turbinado sugar. Bake the muffins for 19 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. You might need to run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan.
- Calories: 195.12kcal
- Fat: 8.77g
- Saturated Fat: 1.98g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.80g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.12g
- Carbohydrates: 24.69g
- Fiber: 2.84g
- Sugar: 7.89g
- Protein: 5.87g
- Cholesterol: 29.85mg
- Sodium: 202.90mg
- Calcium: 69.75mg
- Potassium: 150.56mg
- Iron: 1.15mg
- Vitamin A: 11.72µg
- Vitamin C: 14.90mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!