How To Make Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Have a fill of these satisfying Jumbo Blueberry Muffins! They’re big, delectable, bursting with lots of blueberries, cinnamon, and sour cream for fluff!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Generously grease a jumbo 6-count muffin pan with butter or nonstick spray, or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the melted butter, oil, sugar, and eggs together until combined.
Then whisk in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract. the mixture will be pale yellow.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely combined.
Use a whisk to get rid of any large lumps of flour, if needed. Avoid overmixing.
The batter will be thick. Fold in the blueberries.
Divide the batter between each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top.
Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown and centers are set.
Stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin to test for doneness.
If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before serving.
- Cover the leftover muffins and store at room temperature for 5 days, or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- The muffins freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter.
- It is recommended to use full-fat sour cream or full-fat or low-fat plain yogurt. Fat-free for either is not recommended.
- Milk: It is preferable to use buttermilk or whole milk in this recipe because either adds wonderful moisture and flavor. Use any milk, dairy or non-dairy but, but the lower fat milk to be used, the less flavorful and moist the muffins will taste.
- Standard Size Muffins or Mini Muffins: For standard-sized muffins baked in a 12-count muffin pan, reduce the baking time to about 20 total minutes: 5 initial minutes at 425 degrees F and 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. This yields 14 to 15 standard size muffins. For about 40 mini muffins, bake for 11 to 13 minutes at 350 degrees F the entire time.
- All refrigerated items should be at room temperature so the batter mixes together easily and evenly.
- Calories: 665.82kcal
- Fat: 28.84g
- Saturated Fat: 10.15g
- Trans Fat: 0.52g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13.27g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.33g
- Carbohydrates: 92.43g
- Fiber: 2.70g
- Sugar: 42.48g
- Protein: 10.49g
- Cholesterol: 99.83mg
- Sodium: 478.38mg
- Calcium: 256.07mg
- Potassium: 195.94mg
- Iron: 3.63mg
- Vitamin A: 155.26µg
- Vitamin C: 3.71mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!