How To Make Banana Coconut Muffins
This muffin recipe is made of whole wheat flour, ripe bananas, and shredded coconut for a deliciously appetizing healthy snack.
- ¾cupwhole wheat pastry flour,or white/regular whole wheat flour
- ½cupwhite whole wheat flour,or regular whole wheat flour
- 1½tspbaking powder
- ¼tspfine sea salt
- ½tsplemon zest,the zest from about about ½ medium lemon
- 1cupripe banana,mashed, from about 3 bananas
- ½cupvirgin coconut oil,melted
- 1large egg,preferably at room temperature
- 1tspvanilla extract
- ¾cupunsweetened shredded coconut,divided
- 1tbspturbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter or muffin liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Stir in ½ cup of the shredded coconut.
In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups (a scant ¼ cup of batter each), then sprinkle the muffin tops with the remaining ¼ cup shredded coconut. Sprinkle the tops with the raw sugar.
Bake for about 17 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and let them cool.
- Calories: 204.71kcal
- Fat: 13.24g
- Saturated Fat: 11.10g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.87g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.44g
- Carbohydrates: 21.77g
- Fiber: 2.89g
- Sugar: 9.69g
- Protein: 2.49g
- Cholesterol: 15.50mg
- Sodium: 102.58mg
- Calcium: 51.88mg
- Potassium: 153.84mg
- Iron: 0.86mg
- Vitamin A: 7.23µg
- Vitamin C: 1.85mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!