Yummy mashed potatoes with cheese and bread crumb topping. A friend made this recipe for Christmas one year and everyone went back for a second helping.
How To Make Homemade Mashed Potatoes
This is a classic homemade mashed potatoes recipe with a cheesy boost! An incredibly smooth and buttery mashed potatoes with a creamy consistency with the help of milk and a full-bodied flavor from garlic bread crumbs and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, just until soft.
- Drain water, and mash potatoes.
- Beat in the butter, and about half of the milk using an electric mixer.
- Add more milk if needed to achieve the desired consistency of mashed potato.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes evenly in a 9x13-inch baking dish, or desired casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and the top is browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 180mg
- Calories: 137kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 60mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Vitamin A: 266IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!