A delicious side dish that will really surprise and delight the family.
How To Make Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Casserole
Indulge in this Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Casserole as the creamy consistency melt in your mouth. The smooth mashed potatoes are combined with mace, allspice, and light brown sugar for a sweet, caramelized dish. Topped off with butter and pecans, the velvety dish is balanced with a crisp bite!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a fork to prick the skins of the sweet potatoes.
- Lay the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for an hour until they are soft.
- Allow the potatoes to cool, then peel away the skin using a sharp paring knife.
- Place peeled potatoes in a mixing bowl and use a potato masher or a stiff wire whisk to mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Cream the butter, heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the mashed sweet potatoes. Whip together thoroughly.
- Add allspice and mace, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into a buttered baking dish.
- Dot with cubes of butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until puffed up slightly and topping will be bubbly and golden when the casserole is done.
- Enjoy this Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Casserole!
- Sugar: 21g
- Calcium: 80mg
- Calories: 368kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 627mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Vitamin A: 24663IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!