What is the secret to this hearty casserole that smothers tender rotisserie chicken under a bed of mashed potatoes and melted cheese? A crunchy yet fluffy crust on the bottom made of buttermilk biscuits.
Cheesy Chicken and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 box Idahoan Mashed Potatoes Instant, Mashed
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 7.5 oz. Buttermilk Biscuits Refrigerated
- 8 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded, Cooked
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
Preheat oven to 350°.
Follow the box's instructions for making mashed potatoes.
Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper into the finished mashed potato.
Place the unbaked biscuits in a single layer on the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded chicken across the biscuit layer.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the chicken and biscuits, then top with the shredded cheddar.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cheese has melted. Let the dish cool for 5 minutes and serve up.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!