This mashed potato casserole will be a great dinner to make any day of the week. This comfort food casserole is made to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters gathered around your kitchen table.
How To Make Mashed Potato and Veggie Dinner
- 3 lbs potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 stick butter stored at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 bag frozen mix vegetables
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cup canned vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes then mash it with the butter, milk, and sour cream. Set aside afterward.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour in the oil and sear the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions to the saucepan and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Once the meat is browned, dust it with flour then cook it for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Pour in the broth and cook the mixture for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the thawed veggies then transfer the meat and veggie mixture to a 9x13-inch casserole. Make sure to spread the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake your dish in the oven for about 30 minutes. Once it's done baking, garnish it with parsley and serve it warm. Bon apetit!