Mashed Potatoes and Rice Casserole Recipe
This delicious mashed potato casserole combines leftover potatoes and rice to create a great side for any main dish! Enjoy.
How To Make Mashed Potatoes and Rice Casserole
This dish is the perfect way to save all of the leftovers.
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees Farenheit.
- Prepare a stockpot & transfer your potatoes into it. Pour water into the pot, enough to cover the potatoes
- Boil the potatoes until tender when poked with a tester, approximately 30 mins.
- On a saucepot, combine milk, turmeric, & butter. Bring mixture to a boil, or until butter has melted. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes & discard the water
- Mash the warm potatoes using a masher or ricer, & transfer to a bowl
- Add both cheeses together, & gradually with the milk mixture. Fold until creamy & smooth
- Season the mashed potatoes to taste with salt & ground black pepper. Adjust accordingly
- Layer the cooked rice into the bottom of a rectangular baking dish
- Next, spread the mashed potatoes on top of the rice, enough to cover
- Finally, sprinkle mozzarella cheese around the baking dish, leaving a space in the middle
- Add the marinara sauce on the middle of the casserole & spread as necessary to cover the middle space
- Bake the casserole for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown in color & has melted
- Serve hot, fresh from the oven, garnished with parsley
- Calcium: 138mg
- Calories: 266kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 357mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 343IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg