Have this favorite side dish from the popular Outback Steakhouse in your very own kitchen. This garlic infused dish is easy to make and is prepared in less than an hour. Use fresh potatoes and garlic to compose this simple yet tasty dish.
How To Make Just Like Outback's Garlicky Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes peeled, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 6 tbsp skim milk hot
- 1 1/2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Boil potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan covered.
- Then reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and reserving ¼ cup of water to cook with.
- Put potatoes and garlic back into saucepan.
- Pour rest of ingredients into saucepan with potatoes and garlic including saved cooking water.
- Mash until smooth, with a few chunks. Serve warm, garnish with parsley. (optional)