How To Make Easy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Enjoy a guilt-free bite of these unbelievably creamy vegan mashed potatoes made with russet potatoes, vegan-friendly mayo, margarine, milk, and cheese!
- 3russet potatoes,peeled, cut into chunks
- 1bay leaf
- ½cupsoy milk,such as Silk®
- 2tbspvegan mayonnaise,such as Vegenaise®
- 2tbspvegan margarine,such as Earth Balance®
- 1tbspvegan Parmesan-style topping,grated, such as Go Veggie®
- salt and ground black pepper,to taste
Place the potato chunks and bay leaf into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Combine the soy milk, vegan mayonnaise, vegan margarine, Parmesan-style topping, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second intervals for 1 to 2 minutes, until the margarine is melted.
Pour the soy milk mixture over the potatoes in the bowl, and mash until smooth with a potato masher.
Add more vegan Parmesan-style cheese for cheesier potatoes.
- Calories: 249.21kcal
- Fat: 9.66g
- Saturated Fat: 2.73g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.33g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.66g
- Carbohydrates: 35.52g
- Fiber: 2.69g
- Sugar: 2.77g
- Protein: 6.25g
- Cholesterol: 4.63mg
- Sodium: 539.24mg
- Calcium: 94.39mg
- Potassium: 823.53mg
- Iron: 1.76mg
- Vitamin A: 19.64µg
- Vitamin C: 10.54mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!