Wow! This title is a mouthful and so is the dish once you taste it. It is amazing and not one of your guests will believe that you made this in your own kitchen. Give this roasted chicken recipe a try during special occasions or even during the Thanksgiving season.
How To Make Roasted Chicken with Sweet Garlic, Melted Onions, and Sour Orange
Succulent chicken meat roasted to a nice brown exterior while retaining the juices that makes it a worthy meal to serve.
- Cut the chicken in half and de-bone.
Place the garlic in ¼ cup of the oil and sauté until tender.
When the garlic is cool, puree half of it with the parsley, orange zest, lime zest, and remaining ¾ cup of oil Rub the garlic mixture onto the chicken and marinate for 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Cook the yucca in salted water until tender and drain. Slowly cook the onions with a little water until soft.
- Simmer the orange juice over the low heat until syrupy.
- Add the chicken stock and cook until lightly thickened.
- Bake the chicken at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, until cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Sauté the yucca in the remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil until crispy.
- Add the onions and the reserved garlic confit.
- Drain the yucca mixture well and place on a plate with the chicken.
- Cover with the orange mixture.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!