Whether it’s the shoulder or the leg of a lamb, there is nothing better than a roast lamb for a Sunday dinner! This is definitely a meat lovers recipe. The best thing about it is that it’s absolutely fuss-free and the flavors that permeate the lamb are kept simple. Although roast lamb with mint jelly may not sound like they would gel well (pun intended!), they actually do! The savory and pungent pine-like flavor of the rosemary-scented roasted lamb and the refreshing taste of the mint jelly works wonderfully.
How To Make Roast Lamb with Mint Jelly
- 1 lamb leg with shank
- 1 stalk rosemary
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 3 ttbsp olive oil
For Mint Jelly
- 1½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp of gelatin
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups refined sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the lamb with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary and salt all over it.
- Next, place the seasoned lamb leg on a trivet in a baking tray along with the potatoes and bake for an hour.
- Remove the roasted leg from the oven, wrap it in aluminum foil for 30 minutes before carving and serving with mint jelly.
- For the mint jelly, simply combine the fresh mint leaves, sugar, vinegar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes before straining it.
- Now, take the gelatin and dissolve it in ¼ cup of water.
- Now add the dissolved gelatin to the strained mixture and mix the chopped mint leaves in it after turning off the flame. Allow to cool so that the jelly would thicken.
- Serve chilled alongside roast lamb leg.