How To Make Pollo Navideño
Have a taste of classic Mexican cuisine with this pollo navideño recipe! This dish offers juicy roasted chicken with cubanela and red onions.
- In a food processor or blender, combine onion, garlic, capers, salt, parsley, soy sauce, and lime juice. Blend until it turns into a paste.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the seasoning, and rub the chicken. Make sure the cavity and breast is well coated.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and let it rest in the fridge for 12 hours. Remove from the fridge and let it rest on the counter for about an hour to reach room temperature.
- Heat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan with wire tray. Loosely cover the chicken with the aluminum foil. Place it inisde the oven and cook for for 1¾ hours.
- Remove the foil, and cook the chicken again for 15 to 20 minutes at max temperature, or until the skin is golden brown and the internal temperature inside the thigh is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley, and serve.
- Rosemary or fresh thyme also make great garnishes, if you have some.
- If you do not have a thermometer, puncture the flesh between the thigh and the body and check there is no pink liquid present. Using a meat thermometer is highly recommended.
- Sugar: 23g
- Calcium: 3970mg
- Calories: 2769kcal
- Carbohydrates: 261g
- Cholesterol: 571mg
- Fat: 144g
- Fiber: 156g
- Iron: 115mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 50g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 35g
- Potassium: 4984mg
- Protein: 222g
- Saturated Fat: 41g
- Sodium: 82359mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 7468IU
- Vitamin C: 135mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!