Whether it’s Thanksgiving or not, this turkey recipe is simple and delicious! Using rosemary, sage and apples gives it fabulously sweet, herbed flavor.
How To Make Herb-Roasted Turkey
4 hrs 10 mins
- 14 lb turkey
- 1/2 cup rosemary sprigs fresh
- 1/2 cup sage leaves fresh
- 1 apple quartered
- 1 stalk celery halved
- 1 onion halved
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for other uses if desired. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry.
- Loosen skin from the turkey breast a bit not totally detaching. Place rosemary and sage under skin then smooth skin over herbs and back into place.
- Place apple celery and onion into the neck cavity.
- Place the turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and brush with melted butter. Cover turkey loosely with a "tent" of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees until meat thermometer registers about 180 degrees. This should take from 3 1/2-4 hours but begin checking after 3 hours.
- Remove turkey and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with gravy.
Calories: 920kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 122g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 436mg | Sodium: 635mg | Potassium: 1321mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 729IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 5mg