How To Make Buttermilk Roast Chicken Drumsticks
Savor each bite of these juicy roast chicken drumsticks that are made tender and scrumptious with buttermilk, maple syrup, and smoky spices.
Place chicken drumsticks in a large resealable freezer bag. Add buttermilk, ¼ cup oil, maple syrup, peppercorns, salt, taco seasoning, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, and liquid smoke.
Seal the freezer bag and squish everything in the bag until the drumsticks are coated. Marinate the drumsticks in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
Remove drumsticks from the marinade and shake off excess. Place drumsticks in the prepared pan and drizzle with remaining oil. Discard the remaining marinade.
Roast in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the drumsticks are well browned.
Serve and enjoy.
- To speed things up, you can marinate the chicken at room temperature for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Please do not leave out longer than 2 hours as bacteria will begin to form.
- You may use 1½ teaspoons table salt in place of the 1 tablespoon sea salt, if you prefer. Substitute 1 tablespoon taco seasoning for cumin, if you’d like.
- To ensure optimum juiciness, you can pan-sear each drumstick immediately before roasting. Roast for longer than 30 minutes if you like your drumsticks almost scorched.
- Calories: 332.13kcal
- Fat: 22.01g
- Saturated Fat: 4.13g
- Trans Fat: 0.13g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.78g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.26g
- Carbohydrates: 6.54g
- Fiber: 0.60g
- Sugar: 4.18g
- Protein: 25.71g
- Cholesterol: 123.99mg
- Sodium: 443.87mg
- Calcium: 69.84mg
- Potassium: 390.81mg
- Iron: 1.26mg
- Vitamin A: 30.93µg
- Vitamin C: 0.94mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!