These bars are the ultimate guilty pleasure! Its multiple layers are covered in chocolate so you get a very sweet treat to enjoy once in a while.
How To Make Layered Chocolate Bars
- 1 ½ cup pretzels thin, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 cups Campfire Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup Mounds Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pretzels and melted butter in a small bowl. Press evenly into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Place sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Pour over the pretzel layer in the pan. Top with marshmallows, coconut and pecans, pressing firmly down onto chocolate layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute or until melted when stirred. Drizzle over the layers.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and serve.