This chocolate covered pretzels recipe makes the perfect mix of sweet and salty. They’re made with just pretzel twists and milk chocolate, and topped with a bit of flaky sea salt to cut down the sweetness a bit. Make multiple batches of chocolate pretzels to keep on hand for any occasion, or wrap them in cellophane bags for gift giving. You might also want to pack this cappuccino mix to go along with it!
Tips on Making Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Making chocolate covered pretzels is both fun and easy. Unleash your creativity by customizing them according to the occasion or to your preference. And even if it’s an easy recipe, we thought we’d give you helpful tips to ensure that you’ll be able to make them fuss-free. Here are the best tips on how to make chocolate covered pretzels:
- The best chocolate to melt for dipping are candy melts. They’re smooth and easy to work with. But what if you only have chocolate chips? The secret on how to melt chocolate chips so that they’re smooth is to add a bit of shortening. Feel free to use dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, white chocolate chips, and even caramel chips.
- Pretzel knots, rods, or flat pretzel chips? Use any as you prefer.
- Place the melted chocolate dip for pretzels in a tall glass to easily dip pretzel rods.
- Top the chocolate pretzel pieces with delicious ingredients! You can drizzle dark chocolate on white chocolate pretzels. You can also top them with candy sprinkles, colored sugar, desiccated coconut, crushed nuts, or bacon bits.
In for more chocolate pretzel recipes? Check out these caramel pretzels which are pretzel rods double dipped in caramel and chocolate. These peanut butter pretzels are for those who enjoy sweet and salty! It makes mini peanut butter frosting pretzel sandwiches half-dipped in chocolate.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Bite into these yummy chocolate covered pretzels with sea salt for the perfect sweet and salty snack. Drizzle your favorite topping or throw in sprinkles for texture and you can easily munch on these crisp treats!
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. You can also place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it by blasting it on high in 30-second intervals. Whisk after every interval until fully melted. Add the shortening if you're using chocolate chips.
- Dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle it with sea salt.
- Let chocolate set for an hour until firm.
- Snack on these yummy chocolate dipped pretzels!
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 2mg
- Calories: 138kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 13mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will chocolate dipped pretzels last?
The chocolate dipped pretzels will stay good for up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. However, if stored at room temperature, the chocolate will melt making it messy to eat. Still delicious though!
Do chocolate covered pretzels get soggy?
Yes, they will slowly and eventually get soggy and stale after some time, especially if they are exposed to air when they aren’t placed in an airtight container. You can prolong their crispness by properly storing them in an airtight container and keeping them in the fridge.
ConclusionWhether it’s for snacking or for holiday gift giving, these chocolate covered pretzels surely fit the bill. Enjoy the sweet and salty contrast with crunchy pretzels in each bite.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.
With a three-ingredient crust, these pineapple empanadas are a real treat. They are filled with pineapple preserves, which give you a taste of the tropics.
Bars and Brownies