How To Make Chocolate Salty Balls
Chocolate salty balls may sound a bit funny but there's nothing to laught about this rich chocolate dessert with a salted caramel topping.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cake pop tin.
- Sift baking powder, salt and flour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix cinnamon, egg whites and butter until combined and a thick fluffy consistency.
- Add melted chocolate, brandy, sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined and smooth. Don't over mix the batter. You should end up with a silky, smooth consistency.
- Pour batter into the cake pop tin. Make sure each hole is filled up to the top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Salted Caramel Topping:
- Add condensed milk, butter and golden syrup to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes and add the salt. Boil for another 4 minutes or until the caramel has a nice golden color and is thick enough to drizzle.
- Turn off the heat and let the caramel cool down. Once cooled drizzle over the cake balls. You can put the cooled caramel into a piping bag and pipe it on the cake balls as well.
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 27mg
- Calories: 83kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 50mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 73mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 15IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!