How To Make Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
Enjoy a healthy batch of these chocolate energy bites, made with peanut butter, chocolate chips, oats, flax, and honey! Whip these up in just 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave in 10-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Set aside.
In another small bowl, combine the oats and ground flax. Pour the peanut butter-honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add more oats if the mixture is too moist.
Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt upon contact. Add salt and/or cinnamon to the mixture, if preferred.
Roll into 14 balls. Roll in cocoa powder, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
- The bites freeze well for up to 3 months.
- For gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats.
- These bites are highly adaptable. Add in desired favorite nuts or seeds. Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted peanut butter and honey if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.
- Store the bites in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Calories: 112.99kcal
- Fat: 7.62g
- Saturated Fat: 1.66g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.39g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.11g
- Carbohydrates: 9.42g
- Fiber: 1.55g
- Sugar: 5.31g
- Protein: 3.65g
- Cholesterol: 0.30mg
- Sodium: 51.93mg
- Calcium: 13.35mg
- Potassium: 80.64mg
- Iron: 0.49mg
- Vitamin A: 0.01µg
- Vitamin C: 0.03mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!