It’s time to try out these home candies for the upcoming Easter celebrations. With a rich peanut butter core covered in rich chocolate, it’s a sure surprise for the kids. They’ll even jump with excitement once they take a bite out of these candied treats.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
For this recipe, we used smooth peanut butter for the center and semi-sweet chocolate chips to balance out the candies sweet and decadent taste.
In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave margarine and brown sugar on 100% power (high) 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until brown sugar is melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Shape by teaspoonfuls into egg shapes. Chill.
- In double boiler or heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- With wooden pick, dip each egg into chocolate mixture, coating completely.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Chill. Store in refrigerator.
- Calcium: 27mg
- Calories: 432kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 214mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Sugar: 33g
- Vitamin A: 406IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!