How To Make Tuna Sushi Rolls
You don’t need to splurge to enjoy these tuna sushi rolls. These delicious snacks can be made with easy and pantry-friendly ingredients.
- 5 fl oz tuna in water , canned, (well drained)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp chili oil
- 1⁄2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp scallions, (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 nori sheets, (seaweed)
- 1 1⁄2 cup Japanese rice, cooked (room temperature), or sushi rice
- In a bowl, mix tuna, sriracha sauce, chili oil, rice vinegar, scallions and mayonnaise.
- Place a sheet of nori on top of a bamboo mat (sushi roller).
- Set a small bowl of water next to the sushi roller and wet fingers. Add ¼ cup cooked rice to one side of the nori sheet and spread it by pressing down. Continue until at least ¾ of the nori sheet is covered.
- Add a line of spicy tuna mix to the center of the rice (about 1½ tablespoons).
- Roll up the bamboo mat (starting with the side with the rice and spicy tuna). Keep rolling until there is only a bit of nori left visible.
- Wet fingers and run them across the inside edge of the nori sheet. This will seal the end of the roll. Keep rolling and delicately remove the bamboo mat.
- Wipe a sharp knife with a wet cloth and cut the roll into bite size pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 10mg
- Calories: 168kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 71mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 189IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!