If you’re craving for some tortilla chips, you need not go out and drive by a Chipotle branch. We are going to teach you how to make tortilla chips, the Chipotle way! This recipe is easy and inexpensive, you can do it in the comfort of your own home.
There’s no better side for one of Chipotle’s burritos or tacos than a bag full of its crisp and salty tortilla chips, perfect for dipping in salsa or guacamole. To be able to recreate this Chipotle-inspired tortilla chip, all you need to do is whip out some salt and flour.
This Chipotle tortilla chip is good for snacks and get-togethers. It can also be perfect for some picnic or simply staying indoors while watching a movie.
How To Make Copycat Chipotle Tortilla Chips
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 10 Flour Tortillas quartered
- 1 tsp. Canola Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, vegetable oil, and salt.
- Add the tortillas and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chips turn golden-brown and crispy.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
How Long Do Tortilla Chips Last?
If kept in a proper container, tortilla chips can last with full crisp for a month or two. If unsure of its storage duration, check if molds are starting to appear or if there is an odd smell coming off of the chip.
Whether it's Taco Tuesdays or just simply enjoying Mexican food, the tortilla chip will always be a staple. No dinner table will be complete with these crisp chips topped with your favorite salsa.