How To Make Rice-Paper Crisps
This incredibly simple crisps recipe is made by deep-frying rice paper wrappers. Sprinkle them with your choice of spice for that punch of flavor.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
- peanut oil,or vegetable oil, for frying
- 6Vietnamese rice-paper wrappers,wedges
- Chinese five-spice powder,or curry powder, or ground cinnamon for dusting
Heat about ¼ inch oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat
Add a rice-paper wedge and fry until puffed all the way through.
Immediately transfer with tongs to a paper towel–lined plate and sprinkle with Chinese five-spice powder, curry powder, or ground cinnamon.
Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Calories: 36.20kcal
- Fat: 0.14g
- Saturated Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.06g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04g
- Carbohydrates: 8.68g
- Fiber: 0.15g
- Sugar: 0.15g
- Protein: 0.01g
- Sodium: 15.40mg
- Iron: 0.11mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!