These homemade eggs are filled with vanilla pudding, cherries and nuts!
How To Make Cherry-Nut Easter Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 oz. vanilla pudding and filling (not instant)
- 9 oz. maraschino cherries
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts finely chopped
- 2 lb. confectioners' sugar
- 1 lb. chocolate melted
- Cut cherries in half, and drain well on paper towels.
- Cook milk, butter and pudding in a medium saucepan on low heat until well blended and thick.
- Remove from stove and add cherries, nuts and enough sugar to make a thick consistency.
- Form the mixture into 8-10 egg shapes with hands coated in butter.
- Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Chill several hours until firm.
- Melt chocolate being careful not to scorch it.
- Frost egg with melted chocolate.
- Decorate with butter cream icing.