Cheesecake has a special way of capturing everyone’s hearts, which is why many are keen on making these heavenly bars. These cream cheese bars with graham crust are the next big thing after the iconic moist chocolate cake and ice cream topped brownies. Our special twist for this best cheesecake bar recipe features everyone’s favorite flavor in all America — mint. What’s more, is that our recipe will help you achieve easy cheesecake bars in no time because it’s made using a no-bake recipe. Stick around and we’ll show you how to ace this no-bake mint cheesecake.
Tips for Making No-Bake Mint Cheesecake Bars
Now aside from your favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream, we will introduce you to another mint-flavored dessert. We hope you find these cheesecake squares comforting and satisfying as much as we do. So here’s what we did to make this recipe for cheesecake bars the best one there is:
- Don’t skip placing the graham cracker crust in a chilled area. Since the crust isn’t baked, it’s just as important to let it set as well.
- Be careful not to overmix the filling too long, or you might end up with a super-soft filling that won’t hold.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature before use. Doing so grants you a smooth filling mixture that’s free of any lumps. So remember to take it out of the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using it.
- When making whipped cream, make sure to use chilled or cold heavy cream since this whips up the quickest and lightest. Chilling the bowl, beater, or whisk at least 15 minutes before using will also greatly help.
- Beat the cold heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. It’s one of the keys to making a thick and creamy cheesecake.
- Always fold gently. Doing so will not deflate the air from the whipped cream, giving you a nice and soft mousse consistency. It will also help with a good solidifying process when it’s time to let your homemade no-bake cheesecake rest in the fridge to set before serving.
- Top it with the flavors you love. Why not make a mint chocolate cheesecake bar, right? Dark chocolate is the way to go when it comes to pairing with mint flavors. So choose your best dark chocolate with 70% cacao content and elevate those flavors!
How To Make No-Bake Mint Cheesecake Bars
These mini cheesecake bars have rich cool mint flavors with just the right tanginess and sweetness from cream cheese and heavy cream. Taste velvety soft cheesecake topped with candies and chocolate, then cut into bars for everyone to enjoy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, butter, and brown sugar.
- Transfer the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch square springform cake tin. Spread the mixture evenly then press onto the bottom to form a thick base. Set aside in a chilled area.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread evenly to cover. Use an offset spatula to flatten the top.
- Transfer to the chiller for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake firms up.
Mint Topping Mixture:
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream then gradually add the powdered sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks are achieved.
- Fold in the mint extract and drops of green food coloring until evenly incorporated.
- Spread this mint topping mixture evenly on the top of the cheesecake. Flatten the top using an offset spatula.
- Decorate with dusting sugar, chocolate, candy sprinkles, and/or crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight to set.
- Cut into 8 bars and serve to guests and loved ones for Christmas. Enjoy!
- When decorating your cheesecake bars, you can choose either of the suggested toppings or use them in colorful and tasty combinations!
- Sugar: 43g
- Calcium: 148mg
- Calories: 921kcal
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Cholesterol: 213mg
- Fat: 71g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 222mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 41g
- Sodium: 516mg
- Vitamin A: 2476IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Why is my no-bake cheesecake not firm?
There are a handful of reasons why your no-bake cheesecake isn’t firm. But commonly, it is related to the chill time. To make sure your cheesecake filling firms up, it must be refrigerated for a recommended 6 to 8 hours. If this doesn’t work, freezing them will help firm it up. Another reason your cheesecake may not be firm is that you may have overbeaten the cold heavy cream, which can result in the cream separating from the liquid whey. When beating cold heavy cream, and you see it formed stiff peaks, then it’s time to stop. If not, your cream will start to curdle.
What can I make with cheesecake filling?
The filling can be used in a variety of other recipes such as this innovative blueberry cheesecake protein shake. You can also turn it into a cheesecake ice cream, or do an extreme deep-fried cheesecake. You can also make cheesecake pops out of your leftovers and save it for midnight snacks!
Can I freeze cheesecake bars?
Yes. You can wrap them with aluminum foil, a heavy-duty one. Then take a freezer-safe bag and put them in. They will only last up to three months tops. But we doubt that these delectable mini cheesecakes will not be finished off the first day you make it.
ConclusionThis easy no bake Christmas cheesecake recipe is definitely a must-try for all mint and cheesecake-lovers out there! We’re sure that it’s going to be the new staple Christmas dessert served during holiday celebrations with loved ones.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!