How To Make Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears
Bring together two classic sweet treats to make these chocolate covered gummy bears. The result is fruity, chewy, and creamy in every bite.
- Put milk chocolate chips and shortening in a small bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power and then stir. Return to the microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power and stir again.
- Continue heating chocolate in 15 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Put several gummy bears into the chocolate and stir to coat.
- Remove the gummy bears one at a time with a fork making sure that the gummy bears are tipped on their side when scooping them out. That way when the gummy bear can be tipped off of the fork onto its flat back.
- Place the chocolate covered gummy bears on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Finish dipping the desired amount of gummy bears, melting more chocolate as necessary. Place the baking sheet in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 17mg
- Calories: 80kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 34IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!