Make dinner nights extra delicious with this easy meatball stroganoff recipe that uses a slow cooker for a simple preparation process. This recipe combines fresh or frozen meatballs with a creamy stroganoff sauce made from mixing chicken and mushroom canned soups, sour cream, and other seasonings. You’ll get a delicious pale brown stroganoff sauce that compliments the delicious taste of your beef, turkey, or chicken meatballs. Serve it over saffron rice pilaf or with the classic homemade mashed potatoes.
Tips on Making Meatball Stroganoff
When making this recipe, there are a lot of things to consider to ensure that your stroganoff meatball is well-seasoned and mixes well with the mushroom and sour cream sauce. This is why we listed some tips that you can follow while making this slow cooker meatball stroganoff recipe.
- Pre-cook your fresh meatballs. If you’re using fresh ones, it’s important that you fry or bake them first before adding them with the other ingredients.
- Try adding Worcestershire sauce. It’s an optional ingredient. If you want a subtle sweet and savory flavor in your dish, then feel free to add some.
- Add flour to thicken the sauce. Sometimes the mushroom gravy sauce can get watery. If this happens, you can add a tablespoon of flour to thicken it.
- Avoid adding sour cream while cooking to prevent curdling. Sour cream or any dairy products curdle when exposed to high heat. It’s best to add them in after letting the dish cool down a bit. Stir well afterward.
How To Make Mighty Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
This mighty stroganoff is an easy and creamy dish that combines the taste of meatballs drenched in a thick sour cream and mushroom gravy sauce. Finish it off with a parsley garnish, then serve over pasta or rice.
- Add first the chicken soup, mushroom soup, mushrooms, onion powder, black pepper, and parsley in the 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Then, add in the uncooked egg noodles with the meatballs. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cook on High for 2 to 4 hours.
- Lower the heat, then add in the sour cream. Stir well.
- Adjust taste accordingly with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles and mashed potatoes, or over rice.
- Garnish with parsley, and a tablespoon of sour cream (or more if you prefer).
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 139mg
- Calories: 539kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Fat: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 650mg
- Protein: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 1202mg
- Vitamin A: 564IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use cream instead of sour cream in stroganoff?
Yes. You can use heavy cream as a substitute for sour cream in this recipe, especially if you don’t want a bit of tang in your stroganoff sauce. The heavy cream would still make your sauce creamy and smooth. Add in some Worcestershire sauce or mustard for extra flavor so that your sauce is not too bland.
Can meatball stroganoff be frozen?
Yes, this dish freezes well when properly stored inside an airtight container. It can also last up to 3 months in the freezer. To serve it again, let it thaw and cool at room temperature. Reheat using the microwave or stovetop on medium to low heat for about 30 to 45 minutes. Keep the heat low to avoid the sour cream from curdling, then stir occasionally.
ConclusionIf you’re looking for an easy slow cooker recipe, then try this mighty stroganoff with meatballs and noodles. It boasts a delicious thick and creamy sauce that blends perfectly with the meatballs and other seasonings.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!