Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs Recipe
I got this spaghetti and meatball recipe from my mother years ago – it’s great.
How To Make Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs
Home-cooked meals are simply the best! Try this recipe for easy Italian spaghetti sauce with juicy meatballs. A scrumptious spaghetti sauce with the right balance of natural sweetness and acidity from the tomatoes that goes well with the hearty meatballs.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg.
- Mix well and form into 12 balls.
Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, basil, black pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti.
- Calcium: 123mg
- Calories: 361kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 1265mg
- Protein: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1108mg
- Sugar: 13g
- Vitamin A: 2935IU
- Vitamin C: 48mg