How To Make Easy Meatballs
Welcome your guests with this easy meatballs recipe. Not to mention its sauce filled with smoked paprika giving you that extra punch!
For the Meatballs:
- 1½lbground beef,or pork
- ½cupwhite onion,finely diced
- ¼cupParmesan cheese,freshly grated
- ½tspdried thyme
- ¼tspdried oregano
- ¼tspblack pepper
For the Sauce:
- 28oztomatoes,crushed, prefer fire-roasted
- 1tspsmoked paprika
- fresh basil,or parsley for garnish, chopped
Combine the beef (or pork), breadcrumbs, onion, parmesan, garlic, eggs, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Use a potato masher or your hands to combine the mixture until evenly mixed.
Use a small scoop or a spoon to measure out a rounded tablespoon-full of the mixture, and then roll it into a ball. Set aside. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture and set aside.
Heat the crushed tomatoes in a large, deep sauté pan (or stockpot) over medium-high heat until simmering. Stir in the smoked paprika, season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to medium-low.
Add the meatballs in a single layer, coating with the sauce. Cover and let simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through, turning the meatballs once or twice.
Remove and set on a serving plate, ladling any of the extra sauce on top of the meatballs. Serve with bamboo forks or toothpicks if desired.
Alternative method using a slow cooker:
- Stir together the crushed tomatoes and smoked paprika in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs in a single layer, coating with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 to 6 minutes, until meatballs are tender.
- Calories: 80.44kcal
- Fat: 5.29g
- Saturated Fat: 2.05g
- Trans Fat: 0.27g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.23g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.25g
- Carbohydrates: 2.84g
- Fiber: 0.49g
- Sugar: 0.95g
- Protein: 5.24g
- Cholesterol: 27.61mg
- Sodium: 70.21mg
- Calcium: 28.38mg
- Potassium: 140.38mg
- Iron: 0.71mg
- Vitamin A: 21.11µg
- Vitamin C: 3.96mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!