level up your Easter treats with our Sweet Easter Chicks Recipe. Using shredded coconuts and vanilla wafers, you can shape them into tiny chicks that the kids will come after for. We make use of candies and other sweets to transform this tasty dessert into an adorable little chickling.
How To Make Sweet Easter Chicks
Made of shredded coconut and ground vanilla wafers, you can let your imagination fly and get creative with your Easter treats by creating these cute little chicks.
- Tint 1 cup coconut with yellow food coloring; process in food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Combine 2 cup coconut, cookie wafers and milk, adding more milk if necessary, to make a mixture that is easy to work but still slightly sticky.
- Shape coconut mixture into twelve 1/2-inch balls and twelve 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in yellow coconut to coat.
- With a toothpick, secure a small ball on a large ball.
- On each chick, dot icing on 2 chocolate chips for eyes and press onto face; use gum drops for beak.
- Cut fruit leather in 1/20-inch saw-tooth shapes; press onto head for crown.
- Tint remaining coconut with green food coloring and place on a serving platter or in a decorative bowl.
- Arrange chicks on the tinted coconut.
- Arrange jelly beans as eggs.
- Sugar: 32g
- Calcium: 82mg
- Calories: 413kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 269mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Vitamin A: 73IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!