We know we’re all guilty of loving chocolate chip cookies, so here’s our soft and chewy take on it…less the sugar. This chocolate chip cookies recipe is quick, easy, and diabetic-friendly! You don’t have to worry about watching your sugar and carbs because these cookies are low in both and one of our top sugar-free dessert recipes!
Imagine enjoying chocolate treats with less sugar than they actually taste. We’re talking about guilt and sugar-free desserts that are heavenly! For other sugarless treats, try our Sugar-Free Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe and Sugar-Free Old-Fashioned Berry Cobbler. Going for sugarless desserts is the perfect way to get your sweet fix without ruining your diet.
In this Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, we’re mixing our ingredients in one bowl, shaping our cookies, and baking them the way we want them like how we make our usual chocolate chip cookies. We’re just adding in a healthy twist in our ingredients by replacing sugar. Prep up this recipe and indulge in the rich, buttery, and chocolatey flavor of soft and chewy cookies without all the sugar!
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
Get your sweet fix with this quick, easy, and sugar-free chocolate chip cookies recipe that serves rich and buttery chocolate chip cookies carefully baked for the perfect texture and consistency of your favorite baked snack.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet in a baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar substitute, and golden monk fruit sweetener. Cream until light and fluffy. Should both your sugar substitute and sweetener be granular, you may pulse them to a fine powder first before creaming.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Continue creaming.
- Fold sifted flour mixture into the butter mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a spoon or ice cream scoop and place them on your baking sheet 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake your cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool them on your baking sheet for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack and cool for another 10 minutes. After cooling, your cookies are ready for snacking!
You can choose to add nuts to your chocolate chip cookies if you prefer.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 7mg
- Calories: 173kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 23mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 73mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 293IU
Commonly Asked Questions
What are the best sugar-free chocolate chips that I can use?
When looking for sugar-free chocolate chips to use in making your next dessert, look for those with sweeteners that give your desired amount of sweetness, and have no aftertaste. Examples of sweeteners are monk fruit, maltitol, erythritol, stevia, and chicory root fiber. Another is allulose that’s recommended to diabetics because it doesn’t affect the blood sugar and is anti-inflammatory.
What other cookies are good for diabetics?
You have many sugar-free dessert options but we know that cookies are so great to munch on! Besides chocolate chip cookies you can go for almond flour cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies, coconut macaroons, and holiday cookies. You can try our very own sugar-free Snickerdoodle Cookies and Pineapple Bars for different flavors of this addictive dessert.
ConclusionMake sugar free chocolate chip cookies that everyone will love and enjoy. It’s a heavenly snack and the perfect sweet treat to enjoy after a delicious meal. These cookies will be a hit to kids, chocolate and dessert lovers, and friends who are watching their sugar and diet. It’s the perfect family dessert that’s as good and tasty as our usual choco-chip cookies. Fill your cookie jar with these choco-chip cookies and have a delightful sweet treat ready for snacking.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!