Molasses, cinnamon, ground cloves, and ginger make this spice cookie a perfect treat without being too sweet.
Soft Molasses Cookies RecipeJump To Recipe
How To Make Soft Molasses Cookies
The natural sweetness brought by the molasses is balanced by spices like ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses while mixing at slow speed, then the baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the flour.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Shape or scoop the dough into 11/2-inch balls; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
- Roll them in granulated sugar and put them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- The centers will look soft and puffy, which is okay.
- As long as the bottoms are set enough to lift part way off the cookie sheet without bending or breaking, they're ready to come out of the oven.
- Cool the cookies on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 19mg
- Calories: 230kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 110mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Vitamin A: 141IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Breads & Doughs
Pies & Pastries
Make a bunch of these sweet honey-infused cornmeal biscuits to perfectly pair with your favorite dishes.