How To Make S’mores Cookie Bars
Have a delightful dessert or snack with these S’mores Cookie Bars that are chewy, with graham crackers, topped with marshmallow creme and chocolate chips.
- ½cupbutter,salted, softened to room temperature
- ¾cuplight brown sugar,packed
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
- 1large egg,at room temperature
- 1cupall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 1cupgraham cracker crumbs,(9 graham crackers)
- ½tspbaking powder
- 1¼cupschocolate chips,semi-sweet
- 1cupmarshmallow creme,heaping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars when they have cooled.
In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium-high speed.
Beat for about 2 minutes until smooth and combined, then add the vanilla extract and egg, beating until combined.
Scrape the sides of the bowl down as needed.
Toss the flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder together until combined.
With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Mix until combined.
Press ⅔ of the graham cookie dough into the prepared pan.
Spread the marshmallow creme on top. This will be tricky since the marshmallow creme is so sticky, but do the best to get an even layer.
Spray the bottom of a spatula with nonstick spray to spread it around, if desired.
Sprinkle the marshmallow creme with chocolate chips.
Mold the remaining cookie dough into flat pieces and layer on top of the chocolate chips.
There won’t be enough dough to make one single layer, so some chocolate chips will be exposed, but that’s okay.
Bake the bars for 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden brown.
Allow to cool completely with the pan set on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- The bars stay fresh covered tightly at room temperature for up to 1 week. The cookie bars taste amazong warmed up in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Freezing Instructions: The bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature before serving.
- Butter: If using unsalted butter, add ¼ teaspoon of salt with the flour.
- Calories: 224.79kcal
- Fat: 11.08g
- Saturated Fat: 6.47g
- Trans Fat: 0.30g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.83g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.74g
- Carbohydrates: 29.23g
- Fiber: 0.76g
- Sugar: 19.67g
- Protein: 2.38g
- Cholesterol: 29.50mg
- Sodium: 56.64mg
- Calcium: 45.17mg
- Potassium: 27.80mg
- Iron: 0.84mg
- Vitamin A: 53.52µg
- Vitamin C: 0.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!