How To Make No-Bake Oat & Nut Energy Bites
Recharge and put some nutrition back into your body with these no-bake energy bites. They’re loaded with oats, nuts, peanut butter, and dates.
- 1cupquick-cooking oats,or old-fashioned oats, pulsed briefly in a food processor or blender to break them up
- ½cupPecans,finely chopped
- ½cupwalnuts,finely chopped, or almonds
- 2tbspground flaxseed,or wheat germ (okay to substitute more oats or nuts)
- ½tspground cinnamon
- ⅔cupcreamy peanut butter
- ½cuppitted dates,finely chopped
- ½tspvanilla extract
- ¾cupunsweetened finely shredded coconu,for rolling
Place the oats and nuts in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the oats turn slightly golden and fragrant. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt.
Place the pan back on the stove over low heat. Add the peanut butter, dates, honey, vanilla, and water. Stir until evenly combined.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into the bowl with the oats/nuts. Stir until evenly combined. Refrigerate the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
Place the coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-size balls, then roll in the coconut to coat. Place the balls in the refrigerator, uncovered, to set until cold, a few hours (or about 45 minutes in the freezer).
The bites will keep in a covered container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 65.73kcal
- Fat: 3.52g
- Saturated Fat: 0.58g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.74g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.02g
- Carbohydrates: 7.71g
- Fiber: 1.06g
- Sugar: 4.12g
- Protein: 1.87g
- Sodium: 30.06mg
- Calcium: 7.94mg
- Potassium: 66.92mg
- Iron: 0.35mg
- Vitamin A: 0.24µg
- Vitamin C: 0.03mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!