How To Make Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
A satisfying treat to cure your sweet cravings! Enjoy bites of chocolate chip cookies exploding with smooth peanut butter, oats, and chocolate in one snack.
- 1½cupsall purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 1tspbaking powder
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1cupunsalted butter,softened to room temperature
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- ½cuplight brown sugar,or dark, packed
- 2large eggs,room temperature
- 1cupcreamy peanut butter
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 2cupsold fashioned whole rolled oats
- 2½cupssemi sweet chocolate chips,plus more for topping if desired
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed for about 1 minute until smooth.
Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until creamed. Add the eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat on high speed for about 1 minute until combined.
Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running at low speed, add the oats. Once combined, beat in the chocolate chips.
Cover and chill the dough for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator or up to 4 days. *
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Scoop balls of dough, 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie, and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until lightly browned on the sides.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
- *If chilling for longer than 1 hour, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Calories: 241.92kcal
- Fat: 14.65g
- Saturated Fat: 7.04g
- Trans Fat: 0.24g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.56g
- Carbohydrates: 26.88g
- Fiber: 1.83g
- Sugar: 16.78g
- Protein: 4.10g
- Cholesterol: 26.88mg
- Sodium: 120.28mg
- Calcium: 27.55mg
- Potassium: 128.05mg
- Iron: 1.16mg
- Vitamin A: 53.52µg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!