This is a great Halloween cookie that ends up with orange icing and a black ghost on it. So fun for kids and adults!
How To Make Halloween Sugar Cookies
This sweet and yummy batch of Halloween Sugar Cookies is a spooktastic dessert to serve for the horrific holiday. Bite into the crisp, mouth-watering sugar cookie with a decadent frosting on top!
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Shape the dough and divide them into two portions. Cover in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into ¼ of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough using Halloween cookie cutters or use a knife to shape as desired.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line the cookie in a single layer, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown.
- Once done, place on cooling racks to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the powdered sugar, shortening, water, and food coloring until desired consistency. Keep adding more water if thin consistency is preferred.
- Scoop in piping bags and pipe onto the cooled cookies.
- Let the frosting set and serve your spooky Halloween Sugar Cookies!
- Sugar: 25g
- Calcium: 15mg
- Calories: 182kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 13mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Vitamin A: 179IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Decorate a creepy, tasty Halloween gingerbread house with sweet and fun candies for this. Have fun decorating your spooky but oh so tasty edible haunted house!
These candy apples coated in a crunchy and cherry-flavored hardshell is perfect for your next Halloween gathering. Your sweet-tooth friends are bound to enjoy each bite of this flavorful fruit dessert!
Bite into crispy and gooey marshmallow-shaped ghosts as a treat this Halloween season! Our Halloween Crispy Marshmallow Ghosts are so spooky and delicious, the kids will surely love it.