How To Make Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
Just because you don't take gluten doesn't mean you can't enjoy cookies. This gluten free snickerdoodles recipe is still as good as the original!
- 6½ tbsp unsalted butter, (91 g), at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, (150 g)
- 1 egg, (50 g, weighed out of shell), at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all purpose gluten-free flour, (175 g)
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum, (omit if your blend already contains it)
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- cinnamon sugar mixture, for rolling (¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon)
In a large bowl, place the butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Add the flour, xanthan gum, salt, ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, baking soda, and cream of tartar to the wet ingredients, mixing to combine after each addition.
Transfer the dough to a large piece of plastic wrap, wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes to an hour). Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
Divide the dough into 18 pieces of roughly equal size. Roll each piece of dough between your palms until it forms a ball, and then press into a disk. Toss each disk in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until it is well-coated.
Place the balls of dough into the freezer for about 10 minutes, until firm again. Roll each ball of dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture once more, and arrange them about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Place the rimmed baking sheets in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or they are either pale but flat (8 minutes), or a tiny bit crisp around the edges (10 minutes). Cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 9mg
- Calories: 101kcal
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 33mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 140IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!