How To Make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delightfully chewy and rich, these easy-to-make chocolate chip cookies are leveled up a notch with shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a rack in the middle of the oven.
Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the granulated sugar and butter on medium speed for 30 to 60 seconds until combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a bowl scraper and the beaters.
Add the 2 eggs and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and beat at medium speed for 20 to 30 seconds until no clumps or streaks remain.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters.
Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed for 20 to 40 seconds just until almost all of the flour has been incorporated.
Add in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips and beat on low speed until the shredded coconut and chocolate chips are evenly incorporated.
If the dough feels very soft or warm at this point, chill the dough for 30 minutes if desired before scooping and baking to help the cookies keep their domed shape better.
Use a large cookie scoop (about 4 tablespoons) to scoop the dough out onto one of the baking sheets.
Space the cookies about 1½ inches apart.
Leave as-is for domed cookies, or flatten slightly with the bottom of a water glass for flat cookies.
Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, for about 15 minutes.
Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through cooking so the cookies bake evenly. While the first batch bakes, scoop the cookies for the next batch.
The cookies are done when the bottoms are golden brown (which will be seen around the bottom edge) and the tops feel dry.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cookies will be soft when first out of the oven but will firm up as they cool.
- If preferred, or if crunched for time, bake 2 sheets at a time with 1 sheet in the upper third of the oven and the other in the lower third of the oven, switching the pans halfway through the baking time.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for about 1 week, or in the freeze for 3 months. (Microwave frozen cookies for about 1 minute to warm.) The balls of unbaked cookie dough can also be frozen, then baked straight from the freezer and add a few extra minutes onto the bake time.
- Calories: 259.62kcal
- Fat: 14.62g
- Saturated Fat: 9.99g
- Trans Fat: 0.33g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.31g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.45g
- Carbohydrates: 30.27g
- Fiber: 1.60g
- Sugar: 20.58g
- Protein: 2.61g
- Cholesterol: 37.59mg
- Sodium: 111.01mg
- Calcium: 35.60mg
- Potassium: 59.80mg
- Iron: 1.00mg
- Vitamin A: 71.36µg
- Vitamin C: 0.44mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!