Turn the most famous Girl Scout cookie into an even more craveable treat my dipping them in chocolate! These mint-flavored cookies are just too darn good.
How To Make Chocolate-Covered Copycat Thin Mints
- ¾ cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ¾ tsp. Peppermint Extract
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- ⅓ cup Cocoa
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 lb Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 3 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate melted
- 1 Melted chocolate frosting to drizzle
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk and extracts.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, cornstarch and salt, slowly add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into two 1 1/2" diameter rolls; wrap with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap rolls and cut into 1/4" slices. Place 1" apart on pans.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 375 degrees or until set.
- Remove from oven, cool on pans for 5 minutes, then remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate, oil and peppermint into a double boiler.
- When melted, dip cookies and lay onto wax paper to dry.
- Drizzle with chocolate frosting.
- Allow to dry, then store in air tight container.