How To Make Chewy and Buttery Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
Golden crisp edges with sweet soft center make up this coconut macadamia nut cookies. Store them in jars for an easy grab when craving hits.
- 2cupsall-purpose flour,+ 2 tbsp (265g), spoon & leveled
- 1tspBaking Soda
- ¾cupunsalted butter,(1.5 sticks or 170g), melted + slightly cooled
- ¾cupbrown sugar,(150g) packed light or dark
- ¾cupgranulated sugar,150g
- 1large egg,+1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1½tsppure vanilla extract
- 1½cupsmacadamia nuts,(180g) roughly chopped
- 1cupcoconut,(80g) sweetened shredded
- 4ozwhite chocolate,coarsely chopped, optional
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract together until combined.
Pour into dry ingredients and mix everything together until completely combined. Fold in the macadamia nuts and coconut.
Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie, and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft. Remove from the oven.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Melt chopped white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring until completely smooth.
Drizzle over cookies. Allow chocolate to set completely, about 30 minutes.
- If chilling for longer than 2 hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Calories: 185.06kcal
- Fat: 12.03g
- Saturated Fat: 5.31g
- Trans Fat: 0.19g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.59g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.39g
- Carbohydrates: 18.53g
- Fiber: 1.05g
- Sugar: 11.27g
- Protein: 1.96g
- Cholesterol: 19.20mg
- Sodium: 87.93mg
- Calcium: 20.24mg
- Potassium: 62.78mg
- Iron: 0.77mg
- Vitamin A: 41.82µg
- Vitamin C: 0.19mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!