These two ingredients go together like peanut butter and jelly. You have that nutty crunch from the almonds while it compliments the sweetness from the cherries. A snack worth baking and munching.
How To Make Cherry Almond Bars
Munch on this cherry almond bars recipe. Crunchy almonds with sweet cherries baked into an amazing snack bar. Perfect for coffee or hot cocoa days.
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees F. Apply nonstick spray to an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Mix together cherries, sugar, ½ tsp almond extract, and cornstarch. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Put flour, almond flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to incorporate.
- Add the yolk, butter, and remaining almond extract in the food processor and pulse until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Press ⅔ of the dough to the bottom of the pan and form a crust. Spread the cherry mixture evenly on the crust and crumble remaining dough all over the cherries. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until dough is crusty and filling is bubbling. Let it cool down and serve.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 11mg
- Calories: 69kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 39mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 93IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!