In our hometown bakery, they made the best-frosted molasses soft cookies. I loved them! Well, I wanted to try to make some of my own. A relative brought these to a family gathering. These cookies are so similar to the bakery cookies. I asked her for the recipe.
How To Make Boston Cream Cookies
This cookie recipe is sweet and goes well with a hot beverage.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add molasses and beat.
- Add buttermilk and beat.
- In a cup, add soda to vinegar and mix into batter.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Drop on cookie sheet by spoonfuls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bring butter and cream to boil and add powdered sugar.
- I don't double this recipe because of all the spice.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!