How To Make Lemon Drop Candy
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this lemon drop candy, made using honey, lemon juice and zest, and sugar, for a citrusy treat.
- Juice and zest the lemon with a fine grater.
- Measure the water and sugar into a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon zest and bring to a rolling boil or until it reaches 250 degrees F.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the lemon juice, honey, and food coloring if desired. Stir together.
- Return to the heat until the mixture comes to another boil.
- Strain out the lemon rind. Pour the candy mixture onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes, just until it's cool enough to touch.
- Use a spoon or clean fingers and pull out small pieces 1 at a time. Roll into a ball and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!