How To Make Bailey’s Chocolate Truffles
Indulge yourself in these bittersweet chocolate truffles, made with cocoa powder, semisweet chocolate, and Bailey’s Irish cream, for spiked goodies.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the heavy cream, Baileys, butter, and salt. Microwave on High power for 70 to 80 seconds until the mixture comes to a boil. Watch that it doesn’t boil over.
Add the chocolate and let sit for about 30 seconds to melt. Using a whisk, stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is glossy and smooth. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight until completely firm.
Place desired coating(s) on a plate. Remove the chilled truffle mixture from the refrigerator.
Using a small spoon, scoop out about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture. Dust the fingertips with the cocoa powder or the confectioners’ sugar/cocoa mixture.
Use fingertips to shape into a rough ball. Quickly and gently roll in the palms to form into a smooth ball, then roll in the topping of choice.
Place the truffles in a single layer on a plate or in a storage container, cover, and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy.
- To speed this chilling process up, pour the mixture into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate.
- If you’ve had the mixture in the fridge for longer than 3 hours, you may need to let it sit out at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes so it’s malleable enough to work with.
- If the chocolate starts to melt from the warmth of your palms, drop the truffle into the cocoa or confectioners’ sugar/cocoa mixture and lightly coat, then continue rolling. You may need to wash your hands in cold water from time to time.
- If using confectioners’ sugar for coating your truffles, mix it with an equal amount of cocoa powder for best results. When used alone, the cornstarch in confectioners’ sugar can give the truffles a slightly “off” taste.
- Calories: 57.37kcal
- Fat: 4.28g
- Saturated Fat: 2.60g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.32g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.15g
- Carbohydrates: 5.31g
- Fiber: 0.45g
- Sugar: 4.59g
- Protein: 0.43g
- Cholesterol: 7.05mg
- Sodium: 8.26mg
- Calcium: 5.28mg
- Potassium: 31.02mg
- Iron: 0.24mg
- Vitamin A: 21.33µg
- Vitamin C: 0.03mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!