How To Make Frozen Watermelon
Clever ice cream dessert that looks like watermelons!
- Line an 8 cup mold or mixing bowl completely with aluminum foil.
Working quickly, spread the vanilla ice cream 1-inch thick over the bottom and sides of the bowl.
Immediately place in the freezer and freeze for about 1 hour.
When the ice cream has become somewhat hard, but not frozen solid, spread it all the way up the sides to the top of the bowl; then replace it in the freezer for about 1 hour, until firm.
- Place the raspberry sherbet in a medium-sized bowl and add the chocolate chips; blend until evenly mixed.
- Place in the vanilla ice cream-lined bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight, or until completely hard.
- When ready to serve, in a small bowl, mix the green food color with the whipped topping until evenly blended.
- Remove the mold from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap, and invert onto a platter larger than the mold.
- Remove the mold and peel off the foil.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the ice cream and serve immediately, or freeze until the topping is firm, then cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Cut into wedges, just like fresh watermelon.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 198mg
- Calories: 401kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Fat: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 346mg
- Protein: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Vitamin A: 609IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!