This pink guava ice cream recipe makes ice cream that tastes just as fabulous as it looks! The tropical fruit flavor of guava with sweetened condensed milk will delight and cool you on a hot summer day. Enjoy this homemade ice cream with snacks like cinnamon chips and a cheese roll.
Tips on Making Guava Ice Cream
Tropical desserts like this pink guava ice cream are sure to brighten up your day and give you cheerful summer vibes. Here are valuable tips about making it:
- You can use store-bought or homemade guava puree. To make your own guava puree, rinse and cut the guava into quarters. Scoop out the flesh, then pulse it in a blender or food processor until smooth. Depending on the fruit, the sweetness may vary. Feel free to adjust it by adding simple syrup as necessary.
- Explore other flavors by adding spices like chaat masala or cinnamon, or use a cinnamon stick for garnish. You can also serve it the Indian way with a dash of red chili powder on top.
- Add some texture by tossing in a handful of chopped pink guava, toasted coconut, slivered almonds, or other delicious ingredients that you like.
- Prevent ice crystals from forming by storing the ice cream in well-sealed storage containers. It also helps to put a layer of plastic wrap directly touching the top of the ice cream.
- To easily scoop the ice cream, thaw it at room temperature for at least 5 minutes first. Also, dip the ice cream scoop in hot water before using it.
- Use an ice cream maker to speed up the freezing. Alternatively, you can place the ice cream mixture in a large freezer bag. Then place it in another larger freezer bag filled with ice and rock salt. Shake it around for about 30 minutes, then you’ll have the ice cream ready.
- Make it a vegan guava ice cream by substituting the heavy cream and condensed milk with coconut cream and coconut condensed milk.
How To Make Pink Guava Ice Cream
This guava ice cream made with real guava puree bursts with creamy and tropical fruity flavors in each spoonful. Make it using only 4 ingredients!
In a mixing bowl, combine your guava puree, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Sit to combine and set aside.
Pour your cream into a chilled mixing bowl. Whip until stiff peaks, roughly 5 to 8 minutes.
Fold your whipped cream into your condensed milk mixture until evenly incorporated.
Add drops of pink food coloring, if preferred until the desired color is achieved.
Transfer into a loaf tin. Spread to fill up the loaf tin evenly.
Set aside in the freezer until firm, anywhere from 6 hours to overnight.
Portion accordingly the next day and serve.
- Sugar: 49g
- Calcium: 330mg
- Calories: 795kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Cholesterol: 223mg
- Fat: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 678mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 37g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Vitamin A: 2723IU
- Vitamin C: 154mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you keep ice cream from crystallizing?
It’s the fat and sugar content that prevents ice crystals from forming, so there should be good amounts of these, such as in this recipe. It’ll also help to add a bit of inverted sugar like corn syrup or glucose to prevent crystallization. Some recipes might suggest the use of guava juice and whole milk for ice cream, but these will increase the water content in the mixture. Be sure not to use too much of these. Otherwise, the final product will turn hard and icy.
Is guava healthy?
Yes! Guava contains a high concentration of vitamin C, as well as vitamins A, B, E, and K. It helps strengthen the immune system. It is also observed that consumption of guava stops colds. But since guava ice cream also contains heavy whipping cream and sugar, it’s best consumed in moderation.
ConclusionThis delectable 4-ingredient guava ice cream will surely melt your stress away on any day! It’s creamy, tangy, and has just the right amount of sweetness. Make a big batch and store the rest so that you have a dessert ready to serve any time.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Jam & Spread
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.