A homemade Cold Stone Creamery sweet cream ice cream inspired flavor is the perfect cold treat for the summer. If you haven’t tasted this particular Cold Stone ice cream flavor yet, then you should know that its taste and texture are similar to that of a creamy cheesecake. What we’re recreating comes close to that sweet and rich goodness. And the best thing is, you can easily recreate homemade ice cream without any fancy machines.
Enjoy and serve it traditionally on a sugar cone with some added flavorings or add on top of some tasty homemade waffles.
Tips in Making Cold Stone Creamery Inspired Sweet Cream Ice Cream
Making this delicious homemade sweet cream ice cream is a fun and rewarding experience for ice cream lovers. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you can make in less than fifteen minutes. However, there are still a few tips and reminders that you should know about perfecting your Cold Stone ice cream recipe.
- Use cornstarch as a thickener. Since we’re only recreating the flavor, we don’t need to buy the guar gum they use in their sweet cream ice cream. We’re substituting it with cornstarch, which is a common ingredient that can also thicken ice cream properly.
- Top with flavorings. The Cold Stone ice cream toppings are the perfect finishing touch to any of their desserts. That’s why for this sweet cream ice cream it’s best to add solid or liquid flavorings on top. You can add nuts, fruits, or cookie crumbs and top it off with some chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap when storing in the freezer. This is to prevent ice crystals from forming and spoiling your ice cream.
How To Make Cold Stone Creamery Inspired Sweet Cream Ice Cream
Try out this copycat Cold Stone Creamery ice cream at your next gathering. You don’t need many ingredients and it doesn’t take much time either. Just make sure to give it enough time to freeze so you don’t have it melted right away!
- Dissolve your cornflour or cornstarch with ⅓ cup of milk. Set aside.
- In a large saucepot, combine the rest of the ingredients. Bring this to a simmer, whisking continuously, until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Continue simmering for 5 to 8 minutes, then stir in your slurry.
- Reduce to low heat and allow the mixture to continue simmering until thickened, roughly another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl and transfer to a loaf tin, then cover the mixture with cling film.
- Freeze mixture until frozen and firm, anywhere from 6 hours to overnight.
- Portion accordingly and serve with any accompaniment of your choice.
- Sugar: 63g
- Calcium: 288mg
- Calories: 660kcal
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
- Fat: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 363mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Vitamin A: 1754IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Can whipping cream be substituted for heavy cream?
Yes, whipping cream can be used as a substitute for heavy cream in this ice cream recipe. For ice cream recipes, higher fat content in the liquid cream is essential since it’s thicker and more stable when combined with other ingredients. That’s why heavy creams are used since it has 36% to 40% of fat content. Its suitable alternative would be whipping cream which has a slightly similar fat content of 30% to 36%.
How long can homemade ice cream be stored?
Homemade ice creams properly stored in the freezer can last up to two months. Unlike store-bought ice creams, homemade ice creams don’t have added preservatives or stabilizers that can extend their shelf life. To know if your ice cream has gone bad or spoiled, there should be visible ice shards under the lid and on top of the ice cream. Another sign would be to check if it’s too gooey and runny to eat.
ConclusionEnjoy a scoop of Cold Stone Creamery’s delicious ice cream at an affordable price with this flavorful recipe. Skip the long lines and make yourself a serving of homemade ice cream that you can customize with added sweet or fruity flavorings.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!