How To Make Small Batch Chocolate Brownies
Easily whip up a small batch of chocolate brownies with this recipe, which offers easy steps to make your brownies in just under 25 minutes. No leftovers!
- ¼cupsalted butter,cut into 4 pieces
- ½cupgranulated sugar
- 1large egg
- ½tspvanilla extract
- ¼cupall-purpose flour,scoop and level to measure
- 3tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼cupchocolate chip,or 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray an 8×4-inch bread pan with non-stick cooking spray (or grease with some butter).
Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or more, until melted.
Let cool slightly while measuring out the remaining ingredients.
Mix in the sugar, then mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
Add the flour and cocoa powder, and mix just until combined. If adding chocolate chips, then add them once the dry ingredients are almost blended in.
Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for about 19 to 23 minutes until set.
Let cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- For an intensely chocolatey brownie, use ¼ cup of cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips can be used depending on flavor preference. These are not included in the nutrition estimate as they are optional.
- Don’t use a 9×5-inch loaf pan or the brownies will be too thin.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter or the brownies might be cakey.
- Calories: 434.42kcal
- Fat: 22.13g
- Saturated Fat: 13.39g
- Trans Fat: 0.66g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.84g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.96g
- Carbohydrates: 57.39g
- Fiber: 2.78g
- Sugar: 45.22g
- Protein: 5.28g
- Cholesterol: 105.47mg
- Sodium: 159.73mg
- Calcium: 44.41mg
- Potassium: 122.68mg
- Iron: 1.77mg
- Vitamin A: 156.06µg
- Vitamin C: 0.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!